|The Paramedic Program at WCC is open to all students.
Initial entrance into the program requires the following.
1. Take the WCC Placement Examination. All students are required to take
this exam in order to be eligible for the paramedic program.
2. An interview with the Curriculum Chairperson. [contact]
Prior to the 3rd semester of either the Certificate or A.A.S.
Degree program, students must provide the following
1. Mathematical, reading and writing competence at the college level. A
copy of your results from the WCC Placement Exam or a transcript verifying
completion of the coursework suggested will suffice.
2. A minimum of 400 hours experience in a high-volume ALS EMS system.
Students not active in such a system must contact the Curriculum
Chairperson to provide such opportunities prior to beginning the 3rd
3. A NYS EMT-Basic Certification that will be valid through the end of the
4. Proof of an Allied Health Physical Examination on file with the nursing
To schedule an interview, or to obtain further information about the program